About me: I am an avid daydreamer, non-stop dancer, overly-wordy writer, loyal friend and a delicate mixture of an extrovert/introvert. I live for laughing and learning something new everyday. After graduating in May, I realize more and more that the life we plan for ourselves is limited by our imagination and that the life that is waiting for us may be more than we can actually imagine.

Note: This blog is for my experiences during my Fulbright grant year (July 2010 - July 2011) in South Korea. The views expressed are my own and not those of the Fulbright Program, the U.S. Department of State or any of its partner organizations.

Thursday 4 November 2010

Strangers !

i love strangers! i was just minding my own business near a window of a coffee shop and these two guys from Italy and Ireland knock on the window and hold up a piece of paper against the window, saying "What is your favorite Led Zepillin song?"

That has always been a toss up between "Kashmir" and "Stairway to Heaven" so i scribbled that on the back of my coffee receipt. All of a sudden, they rush in to give me a hug because they were just debating about the two. Next thing I know ..we end up chatting for 3 hours about every topic under the sun from dogs to the death penalties hah. Turns out they were pretty cool guys that are recording for songs for their first album, which is pretty damn sweet. They live with the mantra of "No drugs, no alcohol and no caring what about people think."

The latter can be very easily demonstrated with the video below. We said goodbye with plans to meet up later. After a few minutes , my head is buried in the book was reading again and I look up and all of a sudden see them back in the coffee shop with doing this:



There was a crowd of old Korean women staring in deep confusion. I am not sure which was funnier - their dance or the look on the Korean women's faces.