About me: I am an avid daydreamer, non-stop dancer, overly-wordy writer, loyal friend and a delicate mixture of an extrovert/introvert. I live for laughing and learning something new everyday. After graduating in May, I realize more and more that the life we plan for ourselves is limited by our imagination and that the life that is waiting for us may be more than we can actually imagine.

Note: This blog is for my experiences during my Fulbright grant year (July 2010 - July 2011) in South Korea. The views expressed are my own and not those of the Fulbright Program, the U.S. Department of State or any of its partner organizations.

Saturday 18 December 2010

North Korean attack drills

At 2pm, the other day there was a national drill in case North Korean attacked. Should this ever happen in reality, all 545 students of mine, the teachers and I will move to the gymnasium.

During the drill, my co-teacher leans over to me and says, "This is stupid. I am sorry you have to see this. If North Korea attacks, there will be a bomb explosion and everyone will die."

At least someone in South Korea is honest about what is going on and willing to talk about it more than going along with the government and pretend that everything is okay.